This group was previously known as the Publications Committee, but given that our communications are no longer restricted to printed materials, it seemed apt to update the name to reflect 21st century realities.
The Committee is responsible for all publications of The Augustan Society, which presently include:
- Augustæum, the Society's members newsletter, published at least quarterly, available free to members and friends
- The Augustan Omnibus, the Society's journal, published at least annually, available by subscription, and sent free with membership
- Rosarum, the members-only newsletter of the Noble Company of the Rose.
- The Augustan Society Roll of Arms, the published roll of arms registered with the Society, three volumes to date. Volume IV is being developed for publication now, with the three previous Volumes to be reprinted in full color thereafter.
- The Noble Company of the Rose Roll of Arms, a subset of the above, it includes only the arms of current members of the Noble Company of the Rose.
- A Continuation of Paget's Ancestry of the Prince of Wales, by Arthur Germond, FAS. This a compilation of the 25 installments previously published in The Augustan, Journal of Ancient & Medieval Studies, and The Augustan Omnibus, along with corrections and updates.
- Vigil: A Knight's Training Program, being a second edition of the training program developed by Magister Rosae Wilson Van Dusen for the Noble Company of the Rose.
- A heraldry training program, as yet unnamed.
- Augustan Lineages, a new series of lineages based on previously published and unpublished lineages in the Society's collection.
- This web site
- The Augustan Society Store
- The Augustan Society Library's Online Public Access Catalog
- The Augustan Society Online Armorial, an online version of the Roll of Arms, plus a number of armorial achievements which have not yet been published. Presently small, the speed at which this grows will depend on the availability of volunteers.
- The Augustan Society Online Ordinary of Arms, provides access to the Armorial through the appearance, serving to aid those attempting to identify a shield through it's description.
- The Augustan Society Online Index of Arms, will grow to cover all arms registered or published by the Society. It presently serves as an access point to the Online Armorial. Plans are to grow this index to include the arms registered by other American registries, with their cooperation.
- The Augustan Society Facebook Page.
- The Augustan Society Video program.
The Communications Committee Staff includes:
- Editor-in-Chief (Chairman):
- Rod Fleck, FAS
- The Augustan Omnibus Editor: Dr. Luke DeWeese
- Augustæum Editor: Bruce A. Metcalf, OAE
- The Augustan Society Roll of Arms vacant
- Books Editor: Luke Ironside
- Guide to Orders of Chivalry, Editor: Nicholas Hoffmann, FAS
- Little Manual of Heraldry, Editor: Nicholas Hoffmann, FAS
- Ancestry of King Charles III, Editor: Bruce A. Metcalf, OAE
- Webmaster: Rev. Dr. Christian Boyd
- Assistant Webmaster: Bruce A. Metcalf, OAE
- Facebook Moderator: Rod Fleck, FAS
- Video Services:
- Video Production: Rod Fleck, FAS
- Video Archives: Patrick Lowinger, FAS
Previous and discontinued publications of The Augustan Society include:
All of the above have been included into The Augustan Omnibus.
Other publications available from The Augustan Society include:
This page maintained by the Webmaster, in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief. Last modified 25 November 2022, bam.